Thursday, November 8, 2007

Free Zelda Swag...REVIEWD!

As mentioned the other day, I received a nice little surprise in the mail from Nintendo. About a month back, I purchased The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for my Nintendo DS, which due to time constraints I still haven't beaten yet. At the time, Nintendo.com was running a pretty sweet little freebie deal. If you register your copy of Phantom hourglass on MyNintendo.com, you get a FREE stylus that is shaped like a feather quill pen! Since I register all of my Nintendo games any way, this was a no-brainer for me! So I registered the game, filled out a short survey, and soon I was sent notification that my Feather Pen Stylus would be shipping soon!
About a month later, I found this in my mailbox!

Hard to see? Yeah, I was surprised at the actual look of the stylus. When I saw that it was called a "Feather Pen Stylus," I actually expected it to have a real feather on it. But instead, it's just a clear plastic stylus that is shaped like a feather pen. And it's a bitch to photograph, being so clear. But, even though it doesn't look how I pictured it, I'm not disappointed. It's still a neat little stylus, and it was free! How can I complain?

As you can see, it comes in a neat little box. The outside sleeve of the box has the same brownish color that the game box sports, complete with image of a fairy (whose name escapes me at the moment.) The white box inside the sleeve is what actually houses the stylus with a neat, fuzzy black lining. That makes it feel like it's really important!
It's made of a nice, strong plastic, so it doesn't feel like it's going to break in my hands. The plastic is a lot harder than a normal DS stylus, but not to where you feel like you're going to snap it. And the plastic is unbelievably translucent. It's like holding a pen made out of glass, almost. It's really sharp looking in person. The images don't do it justice.
It actually fits in your hand nicely, too. I didn't feel uncomfortable holding it as I worried I might. It might also help that I'm used to holding the tiny stylus' the DS originally included, and not the fatter ones that come with the Lite. the size of the Feather Pen Stylus is in between those.
Overall, it's a cool little freebie. I still think it would have felt more special if it was a real feather, but no biggie. It was free, and it's got the Zelda banner on it, so I love it! You may want to check out Nintendo.com to see if they are still running this promotion. And if you missed out, at least now you know to check there on a regular basis. This isn't the first promo they have run, and I'm sure it won't be the last!








No comments: