Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Friday...who went?

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did, and boy did I eat a ton! And we are now officially in the Christmas season! I love the holidays!

Friday morning, I braved the crazy shoppers in a frenzy, and went shopping. It's become a bit of a tradition to join my mom and sister in shopping on Black Friday. It's funny, because my dad and brother never want anything to do with it. But I enjoy the opportunity to buy things for 75% off, and the crowds really don't bother me. Plus, I like getting the opportunity to spend the time with my mom and sis.

My girlfriend joined us as we lined up at Circuit City at 4am. I really wish I had some kind of crazy story to share with you all, but I really didn't see anything nutty. The doors opened at 5am, we got it and got what we all wanted. I snagged up some cheap flash drives and recordable DVD's and CD-R's, several cheap DVD's and a few cheap video games, and I was out of there in under an hour. I didn't really go anywhere else after, though. Normally, I make a day out of it. But this year, I had to be at work for the local retail store I part-time at by 2pm, so I wanted to get some sleep beforehand.

Working in the evening wasn't so bad, either. The store was trashed, but that was expected. I did hear some insane stories about the mob of people fighting their way into the store in the morning, all vying for the 30 gb Zune that we had on sale. One of our employees actually got elbowed in the face by a crazy customer who pried her way through the exit door instead of waiting to go in the normal entrance. I can't believe how psycho some people get over a good deal!

I wish I would have witnessed some of this myself, but alas, I saw nothing special. So, what about the rest of you? Surely, someone out there has a crazy Black Friday story! Let's hear it!

1 comment:

Stina1 said...

Black Friday went a lot better this year for me but this was also my second time going so I was prepared for what was coming. Plus I think that there wasn't as many people out this Black Friday as there was the year before.

Unforuntly didn't get to witness any of the fights that I heard were going on in the stores I was in.